We’re hiring! Come work with our team.
Union Hall is the building at the epicenter of the startup scene in Cincinnati. It’s the unofficial official headquarters of StartupCincy and home to three of the region’s most-prominent startup advocates – The Brandery, CincyTech and Cintrifuse. As such, the building gets more than its fair share of visitors. Anyone from corporate innovation leaders to startup founders and team members – Union Hall is the clubhouse for tech-based innovation in Greater Cincinnati.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Union Hall needs a friendly face at the front door to greet and ‘traffic’ visitors, residents, members, deliveries as well as a sea of curious potential members/residents. This is less of a surveillance role and more that of a greeter. This is a part-time position, 2-3 days a week, with two greeters filling the role. In this critical, very public-facing role, you’ll be responsible for:
- First impression of Union Hall and its tenants: greet residents, guests, event attendees, etc.
- Smooth transition and adaptation of all inbound traffic – getting guests to their hosts, directing event attendees to their rooms, welcoming (back) residents/members
- Having a practical knowledge and understanding of Union Hall systems: OfficeRND, Sequr, Kantech keycards, LobbyConnect, ChromeCasts, and other systems as added
- Being the first line of defense when issues arise with Union Hall systems (contact support, notifying Operations Manager)
- Opening building every weekday morning (7:30am)
Typical Tasks Include (but not limited to…)
- Articulate the difference between membership (Cintrifuse) and residency (Union Hall)
- Able to explain Cintrifuse’s mission and the significance of the building relevant to the mission
- Provide tours to walk-ins and scheduled appointments (potential residents / members)
- Perform morning checklist/routine: unlock Cintrifuse doors, buzz early guests in, turn on TVs, etc.
- Sign for deliveries
- Knowledge of the building to be able to direct event guests to the proper location
- Sort mail
- Assist with onboarding new residents to Sequr system
- Other duties as assigned…
Desired Skills & Experience
Because we’re a small team on a massive mission – everyone on our team needs to be comfortable in stressful situations where the conditions often change Specific skills and experience we look for include:
- Positive, cheery attitude
- Understanding of the StartupCincy mission and ecosystem
- Understanding of what Cintrifuse does and who are its supporters
- Understanding of the tenants
- Ability to remain calm
- Think on your feet
- Takes direction
Cintrifuse owns and works out of Union Hall. We’re a small, but mighty team so we need someone who is used to the fast-paced, figure-it-out culture that it takes to win. It’s not about how many plates you can spin, or how many balls you can keep in the air – it’s about how you react when one of those plates break, or one of those balls bounces away.
We offer many great perks including a family – and pet-friendly environment. Plus a kick-ass building (Union Hall) you get to work in every day right in the center of the Over-The-Rhine neighborhood.
So, if you love the hustle, hard-work, passion and dedication it takes to transform an idea into reality – we’d love to hear from you.
Please contact Laura Hughes for more information or to submit a resume.