THIS MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT (this “Membership Agreement”) is made and entered into by and between Union Hall (“Union Hall”), and the party identified on Addendum 1 attached hereto and made a part of this Membership Agreement (“Resident”).
NOW THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the mutual covenants set forth herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto have agreed as follows:
- : MEMBERSHIP
- MEMBERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Member and any of its guests shall perform and abide by all rules, policies or regulations as attached hereto as Addendum 3 as may be made from time to time by Union Hall or as may be otherwise published or provided to Members in writing from time to time by Union Hall.
- SAFETY AND ACCESS REQUIREMENTS: Member acknowledges and agrees that each of Member’s guests shall, as a condition of entry, be pre-registered as an occupant of Union Hall prior to their first entrance to Union Hall. Member acknowledges and agrees to be responsible for guests’ entry into Union Hall.
- : MEMBERSHIP FEES
- PROCESS FOR PAYMENT: All payments made to Union Hall by Member shall be paid via credit card through the third party pay system used by Union Hall. Member shall provide a credit card number directly to such third party pay system as directed by Union Hall and/or Cintrifuse (but not to Cintrifuse) for the day pass.
- : ACCESS TO UNION HALL
- RIGHTS RESERVED TO UNION HALL: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, all rights not expressly granted to Member hereunder are reserved to Union Hall, including without limitation the right to alter, reconfigure and redesign the floor plan and space used by Members, make improvements to Union Hall as may be necessary or desirable in the operation or improvement of Union Hall, and to approve and install all signage anywhere on Union Hall.
4.2 USE OF SPACE: Access to rooms, space, and common areas at Union Hall is subject to availability and is not guaranteed. All services provided by Union Hall, including but not limited to, Wifi, printing, mailboxes and lockers are provided “as-is”. Union Hall does not guarantee up-time or security of any of these services.
4.3 USE OF ACCESS PASSES: All access passes issued to a Member are for use by the Member only Member shall not share such access pass with third parties. Member is responsible for the acts of any person using Member’s access pass. Access passes and access privileges to Union Hall may be revoked by Union Hall and/or Cintrifuse at its sole discretion. Union Hall and the premises surrounding Union Hall are monitored by security cameras. If a pass is lost or stolen, Member shall immediately notify Union Hall.
- : LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- INDEMNIFICATION: Member agrees that Union Hall, its members, managers, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any damage or liability of any kind or for any injury or death of persons or damage to property of Member or any other person, employee, consultant, contractor, guest or invitee of Member from any cause whatsoever by reason of the use or enjoyment of Union Hall by Member or any such person on Union Hall at the instruction, invitation or direction of Member, except and to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Union Hall, its agents, employees or contractors. Member agrees that it will indemnify and save harmless Union Hall, its members, managers, officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs and expenses and liabilities whatsoever, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, on account of any such real or claimed damage or liability, and from all liens, claims and demands occurring in or at Union Hall, or arising out of the use or enjoyment of Union Hall and its facilities, or occasioned in whole or in part by any negligent act or omission of Resident, its agents, contractors, servants, employees or invitees or any violation of any of the terms of this Membership Agreement or any rules, policies or Member expectations established by Union Hall for use of the building except and to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Union Hall, its agents, employees or contractors. Union Hall and/or Cintrifuse shall not be liable to Resident for any indirect, special, consequential (including lost profits) incidental or punitive damages however caused, based on any theory of liability.
- MEMBER LIABILITY: Member shall be responsible and liable for the acts of its guests and invitees (“Member Representatives”) while such Member Representatives are on the premises of Union Hall. Member shall pay for and reimburse all parties for any all damages to Union Hall or the property of other Members caused by the actions of Member Representatives. All personal property belonging to Member at Union Hall shall be there at the risk of Member; and Union Hall, its agents and employees shall not be liable for any damage thereto or for the theft or misappropriation thereof.
- : ASSIGNMENT
- Resident shall not assign or transfer this Membership Agreement or any interest under it; or permit the use of Union Hall or any part thereof by anyone other than Member, without first obtaining Union Hall’s prior written consent, which consent shall be subject to Union Hall’s sole discretion.
- : GENERAL PROVISIONS
- CEASE USE: Upon the expiration of this Membership Agreement, Member shall cease to use and longer have access to Union Hall. Any personal property installed or placed in Union Hall by Member at Member’s cost shall be the property of Member, unless otherwise specified in this Membership Agreement, and Member shall remove the same, at Member’s sole expense, prior to the termination of this Membership Agreement. Member shall, at its own cost and expense, promptly and completely repair any and all damage to Union Hall resulting from or caused by such removal. If Member fails to remove all or any of such property, Union Hall may retain all or any of such property and title thereto shall thereupon vest in Union Hall, or Union Hall may remove and dispose of in any manner all or any of such property, in which latter event Member shall, upon demand, promptly pay to Union Hall the actual expense of such removal and disposition and the cost of repair of any and all damage to Union Hall resulting from or caused by such removal.
- EXECUTION IN COUNTERPARTS: This Membership Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which together shall be deemed a single document.
- PREVAILING PARTY: In the event that any action, suit, or other proceeding is instituted concerning or arising out of this Membership Agreement, the prevailing party shall recover all of such party’s reasonable costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in each and every such action, suit, or other proceeding, such costs and fees to include those incurred by the prevailing party in connection with all appeals and petitions related thereto.
- The various rights, options, elections, powers and remedies contained in this Membership Agreement shall be construed as cumulative and no one of them shall be exclusive of any of the others, or of any other legal or equitable remedy which either party might otherwise have in the event of breach or default in the terms hereof, and the exercise of one right or remedy by such party shall not impair its right to any other right or remedy until all obligations upon the other party have been fully performed.
- This Membership Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of Ohio. Any action arising out of this Membership Agreement shall be brought only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Hamilton County, Ohio. Member hereby knowingly and voluntarily waives the right to a jury trial in any action, proceeding, or permissive counterclaim involving any matters whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with this Membership Agreement, the relationship of Cintrifuse and/or Union Hall and Member, Member’s use of the Member Space, or any claim for injury or damage.
- Nothing contained herein will be deemed or construed by the parties hereto, nor by any third party, as creating the relationship of landlord and tenant, principal and agent, or of partnership or of joint venture between the parties hereto, it being understood and agreed that neither the method of computation of Membership Fees, nor any other provision contained herein nor any acts of the parties herein, shall be deemed to create any relationship between the parties hereto other than the membership relationship expressly set forth herein. In addition, nothing in this Membership Agreement creates any rights as a shareholder or creates any equity interest in Cintrifuse under Ohio law, or as that of a “Member” as defined in the Ohio nonprofit corporation law.
|· M-F 8AM-6PM access to co-working communal areas in Union Hall
· Use of huddle rooms, conference rooms and Union Hall Studio on first-come, first-served reservation basis
· Janitorial services
· Use of common areas (coffee area, break room, restrooms, phone rooms)
|· Utilities and building operating costs
· 13 hour building security, 24 hour monitoring
· Pantry items (tea/coffee/water)
· Secure internet access
· Mobile application to unlock Union Hall doors
Standard Services (included in Day Pass Fee)
Member accepts the terms of the Basic Membership Agreement to which this Cover Page is attached and made a part thereof, including all of the terms and conditions contained therein and exhibits and schedules, which are an integral part thereof.
All incidental charges, such as conference room and event room rentals will be automatically charged to the credit card information on file using Stripe or such other payment provider.
CONFERENCE ROOMS: Subject to availability and compliance with the reservation process.
Meeting rooms are available at 50% of the following prices:
* Conference Room – $100/hour
* Huddle Room – $50/hour
EVENT ROOM USE: Subject to availability and compliance with the reservation process.
Available at 50% of the following prices:
* Homeroom – Half Day (1-4 hours) = $800.00
Full Day (5+ hours) = $1600.00
* Beer Hall – Half Day (1-4 hours) = $1250.00
Full Day (5+ hours) = $2500.00
- Members are to be respectful of the work environment at all times. This includes (but not limited to):
- Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- Remove food stored in the refrigerator at the end of each day.
- Reserve conference rooms – you will be asked to leave and charged a $50 fee for use of a conference room that is not properly reserved through mobile app (CoWorks).
- Leave spaces the way that you found them.
- Throw away trash from workspace.
- Turn off lights, projectors and TVs after use.
- Treat furniture with care.
- The front doors to Union Hall are locked 24/7. Members must use mobile access app to unlock.
- Union Hall Guest wifi is available to all.
- To book a conference room, visit the front desk to make reservation or email Laura Hughes at email@example.com.
- No smoking (including e-cigarettes) is permitted on Union Hall premises.
- Day Pass Members are not permitted to bring guests into Union Hall.
- Union Hall reserves the right to require a co-working membership for visitors using the co-working space more than ten times in one month.
- Sidewalks, entrances, doorways, halls, elevators, stairways and other similar areas are not to be blocked or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress from the premises.
- Members are not permitted to move furniture, office equipment, heavy packages and/or bulky materials in and out of the building without advance approval and coordination with Union Hall. Any elevators, passageways and routes used for such materials must be designated and approved in advance by Union Hall. Residents are responsible for the cost of repairing all damage caused by any such activities.
- Members are permitted to bring dogs while working in Union Hall. Dogs must owned by the Member, on leash while in the co-working/communal areas, potty trained, up-to-date on shots, and current on flea/tick/heart worm medication. Union Hall reserves the right to deny access to dogs for any reason.
- Telephones, data equipment, electrical devices and attachments, antennae, aerial equipment, cables, or any other installation cannot be installed without Union Hall’s prior written consent.
- Heavy furniture, equipment or other objects within the building cannot be relocated without Union Hall’s prior written consent.
- No portion of leased space can be used for cooking (with the exception of coffee, tea & microwaves), sleeping or lodging quarters. The overnight accommodation of animals or pets of any type (except guide dogs accompanying visually handicapped persons) is strictly prohibited.
- Bicycles must be stored in designated outdoor areas.
- Members must have prior written consent to drive nails or screws into walls or floor, paint or paper walls or floor, tamper or interfere in any way with windows, doors, locks, air conditioning controls, heating, lighting, electric or plumbing fixtures.
- Members are not permitted to make or permit any noises or odors that could unreasonably interfere with other occupants or persons in the building.
- Solicitation in Union Hall is strictly prohibited, except through the regular use of the U.S. Postal Service. Members shall promptly notify Union Hall if it comes to their attention that any unauthorized persons are soliciting or causing annoyance to other occupants.
- Sinks and toilets and other plumbing fixtures may not be used for any purpose other than those for which they are constructed. All damages resulting from any misuse of the fixtures shall be borne by the occupant responsible for causing the damage.
- Members are not permitted to bring or keep any inflammable, combustible or explosive fluid, chemical or substance or firearm onto the Union Hall Property at any time.
- All carrying in or removal of any heavy or bulky material (ex. safes, freight, furniture) must take place only with Union Hall’s prior written consent. The persons employed by any occupant for such work must be acceptable to Union Hall.
- Any persons employed by any Member to perform work within the space will, while in the building, be subject to and under the control and direction of Union Hall (but not as an agent or servant of Cintrifuse), and Resident is responsible for all acts of such persons.
- Members must comply with requirements issued by Union Hall’s front desk personnel from time to time. Members are responsible for all persons entering the Union Hall at their invitation, express or implied. Union Hall and/or Cintrifuse will never be liable for damages for any error with regard to the admission to or exclusion from the building of any person. In case of an invasion, mob riot, public excitement or other circumstances rendering such action advisable in Union Hall’s opinion, Union Hall reserves the right to require all persons to vacate the building and to prevent access to the building during the continuance of the same for the safety of the occupants and the protection of the building and the property in the building.
- Any pest infestations occurring within the premises must be reported to Union Hall.
- All trash and garbage must be placed in receptacles. For after-hours events or large meetings Members are responsible for gathering trash and placing trash in designated receptacle. Failure to do so will result in a clean up fee.
- This is not an exhaustive listing of all rules and regulations affecting the building. Residents must comply with all requirements in their Membership Agreement and with applicable laws and posted notices regarding parking, fire regulations, emergency response requirements and other similar rules.
Member agrees to comply with all protocols and procedures Union Hall / Cintrifuse enforces to keep staff and members safe. Including but not limited to:
- Temperature checks upon entry
- 6ft distancing between seating in co-working space, meeting rooms and private office suites
- Kitchen services temporarily shut down (including microwave, coffee, tea, etc.)
- Completing questionnaire upon entry
- Capacity constraints in meeting rooms
- Report any exposure to individuals who tested positive for COVID 19
- Report positive diagnosis of COVID 19